Monday, May 7, 2012

      Wow wow wow wow wow! I'm finally in Japan, but not where I'm supposed to be, lol. My flight from Chicago got delayed two hours, so I got stuck in Tokyo for the night. But don't flip, I'll be on my way to Sapporo in less then 2 hours!
      At any rate, the plane ride wasn't too bad. The lady who sat next to me was named C; she's from Thailand, but lives in America now. We had some good conversations, about spirituality and health and just life in general. But I wish I had taken a picture of her before we parted, because she was a beautiful lady. I refused to believe that she was 63 until she showed me her passport! If I can look like her by doing the simple things she said she does, hell yeah I'll do it.

      Here's a couple views from the hotel I was at. Hard to believe there's a rice farm so close to an airport, right?! But after I left, I realized I really should've stayed here...
     No, your eyes aren't broken; that is a Christmas hotel!! And I know, I know, what the hell was I thinking not going there. You win some, you some lose I guess....
     I have to go through security soon to catch my flight, but some final thoughts. If you're ever lost in a foreign country, Japan is the place to be. Even if you can't speak Japanese, or they can't speak English, they're genuinely concerned about you and your well being. Luckily my Japanese got me to the hotel and everywhere I needed to be, so it wasn't as stressful as it could've been. But if you ever do come to Japan, don't worry if you're not proficient (I'm not!); you're among VERY good people. Hopefully I'll update soon. Peace...out!

No comments:

Post a Comment