Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tajima Pin-Pon!

      Ok. This is my cell phone in Japan. Cute, right? Thanks!
     And this is the guy who sold me my cell phone, in the hallway of the apartment I'm living in. Now you may ask yourself, "why's the cellphone guy in this girl's apartment?" Well, it's a long story, full of joy, tears, and stress.
      So let me tell you about how I got my phone. The group of us from Ball State went to SoftBank, a Japanese cellphone company, to get our prepaid phones. We were so excited when we got in there, because there was a row of bright, beautiful phones with a sign that said prepaid over it! So as we picked out which colors we wanted, the guy in the picture asked us what we were looking for, and we said prepaid phones. And as he asked which phones we wanted, he didn't point to the rainbow phones we saw; he pointed to the ones above them, with the options of white, black, pale pink, navy blue, and gray. Oh! quick note, they were out of every color except for white and black...
    After we picked out our one of two color options, wee began registration, yay! It took two hours and 25 minutes! For five people to sign up for prepaid phones! And that's not where the fun stops either! My friend Erin and I were the last to sign up, and it was almost time for the store to close. Which made us think we would have to come back and get our phones tomorrow. I was pissed. BUT! Said guy in the picture offered to bring our phones to our apartment. That night. After he got off work. He would come to our apartments and 'pin-pon!' (aka ring the door bell) and bring us our phones. And he did! Less than two hours later there was a knock at my door and there stood the SoftBank guy, cellphones in hand!          
     And it doesn't stop there! He went BACK to SoftBank to print out mine and Erin's receipt and came back to our apartments with this!
     Food! As he called them, "best Japanese candy". Yeah, after the hell we put this poor guy through, he brings us candy! Friends, I was gonna cry. I knew Japanese customer service was exemplary by any standards, but this was above and beyond what I could've imagined. So being the excited exchange student I am, I took a picture. And then he wanted a picture too. And to hang out! So we exchanged numbers and I am looking forward to having a party with Tajima Pin-Pon sometime during my three month stay! Oh, my life~ Peace out.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment